Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:03 PM
We are seeking forward thinking managers who have experience working in or serving the finance and accounting organization and who will assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders to solve complex accounting and related technology issues.
The opportunity within A&RT is to serve clients across various industries with the main focus on the Energy & Resources (E&R) industry which includes the Oil & Gas and Power & Utilities sectors
Work you’ll do
As part of the A&RT team, the Manager performs and leads accounting technology related projects. In addition, Managers provide leadership to shape, create and deliver world-class offerings in the marketplace
- Engagement Execution:
- Oversee and perform accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships
- Identify and apply relevant concept in accounting, financial/business processes, close consolidation and reporting, financial operations, risk management, SAP and related ERP/applications in the Energy & Resources industry
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Participate in engagement planning and budgeting; participate in defining the work product structure and content; provide on-time delivery of quality work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Business Development: Participate in the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Contribute to the development of "thoughtware" and presentations
- People Development: Actively participate in recruitment and retention activities; provide support for delivery teams; council, coach and lead more junior members
- Must be willing to travel (typically Monday – Thursday
ACCOUNTING & REPORTING TRANSFORMATION
We provide our clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Accounting & Reporting Transformation practice.
Required: 5+ years of advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise finance, accounting, and information technology (SAP S4Hana is a plus) Bachelor's degree required, in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field preferred. Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting a plus CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA, CISA or FRM certification required Knowledge of accounting rules and regulations Experience with project management and business transformations Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Ability to analyze the interaction among accounting issues, financial process challenges and the information technology environment Capabilities in operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley is a plus. Configuration and implementation for software applications, particularly closing acceleration and account reconciliation tools a plus. Experience as a user of or administrator of SAP Finance and Reporting package. S4Hana knowledge is a plus Project leadership experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling, value mapping, and system selection How you’ll grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte’s culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. Recruiter tips We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 50614338 houston