ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have a world-class portfolio of assets with industry-leading margins and visible growth in areas where we have proven technical capabilities: Asia Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, onshore U.S. and the West Africa conjugate margin. We are a leader in the production of shale oil and gas, and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota. We are also known for our expertise in the development and production of projects in deep water offshore.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at (link removed).
The Counselor, International Tax Planning Europe is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy of the Hess Corporate Tax Department in Europe. The position is a critical member of a globally organized, functionally specialized Corporate Tax Department that includes International Tax Planning, U.S. Corporate Tax Planning and Global Tax Accounting and Compliance.
Candidate dependent, the position may be based in Copenhagen, Stavanger or Houston. Irrespective of the home base, opportunities to spend longer periods of time in different Hess locations may arise. The role requires the ability to travel as required, and willingness to work in a 24/7 business environment across different time-zones and cultures.
This position reports directly to the Houston based Director, International Tax Planning.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Counselor, International Tax Planning Europe serves as the Tax Planning lead for all European matters and works in partnership with business leaders, Legal, Treasury, Finance and other functions within the Corporate Tax Department. Responsibilities include the provision of tax services in respect of:
- Assets of Hess Global Production business unit in Denmark, Norway and legacy activities in the U.K.
- Hess Corporations European holding companies in the Netherlands, Luxembourg and the U.K.
- Tax Authority controversy matters in Europe
- Business Development activities in Europe
- Legacy Europe/Eurasia tax management and controversy
- On-going European tax developments and tax environment changes (including country specific, E.U. and O.E.C.D.)
Additional responsibilities will include assisting and managing special projects carried out globally by the Corporate Tax Department.
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in corporate tax with extensive exposure to E.U. and international tax issues and multiple tax jurisdictions
- Recent or current experience with the Oil and Gas industry required and Big 4 or large law firm experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex tax issues, and to quickly recognize and respond to opportunities and emerging issues
- Highly experienced at building effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Strong initiative and ownership of deliverables and deadlines as an individual contributor and as a project manager overseeing colleagues and outside vendors
- Excellent project management skills to carry out multiple projects and activities simultaneously
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor degree (or non-US equivalent) in Law, Accounting or Finance
- Prefer LL.M, C.P.A. or Masters in Taxation (or non-US equivalent)
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Posting Notes: Brad Janik | Employee | Finance | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 53890218 houston