NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nations largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at (link removed) color="#000000">. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
NRG is looking for an Analyst to join its Retail Risk team. The successful candidate will possess a strong technical and data analytics background. The candidate must be adept at working independently as well as have strong collaborative capabilities to assist Commercial Operations, Supply, Finance, Accounting, and Marketing teams to adequately mitigate risk and preserve expected margins. This position will report to a Retail Risk Manager within the Risk group and will be located in our Houston, TX office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run and analyze daily position and risk reports supporting the retail business
- Leverage problem solving, analytical skills, and new technologies to identify potential risks related to existing portfolios as well as new product offerings and develop methodologies for tracking and reporting them
- Collaborate effectively with Risk team and other departments to address business and operating requests, including financial and risk analytics, reporting, and project due diligence
- Support reporting requests from NRGs senior management and board of directors
- Work closely with IT on risk system improvements and testing new enhancements
- Work with management to establish and maintain processes to identify and monitor key risks for new and existing business
- Attention to detail, diligent, strong organizational skills, curious, confident, and creative
- Ability to overcome ambiguity and achieve goals without knowing the steps involved to get there
- Ability to work with incomplete data or seemingly open-ended questions and translate into actionable assignments
- Strong financial acumen and analytics background
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, and highly skilled with other MS Office products including Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience writing VBA code in Excel, SQL or comparable programming work
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Ability to plan/manage multiple priorities while committed to deadlines in a demanding environment and work overtime when required
- Works well in an open office environment
- Proficient in effectively communicating to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science preferred, or equivalent quantitative risk experience
- Knowledge of energy markets a plus; electricity, natural gas, renewables and/or oil markets.
- Experience developing in Python
- MBA, advanced Finance degree, or equivalent experience
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster(The poster can be found at (link removed))
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 53887868 houston