The Tax Attorney will report to the Senior Tax Attorney and will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to other groups within the Tax Organization as well as operation organizations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing high-quality, effective legal advice supporting: drilling and completions; oil and gas developments; operations; processing facilities; transportation; and pipelines.
- Working in a team environment and communicating effectively across broad business unit, functional and organizational lines.
- Assist with tax controversy matters including federal and state income, transaction tax and international.
- Advising clients on contracting and negotiation strategy for master service and procurement agreements and engineering and construction projects.
- Providing business unit/asset and project-management teams with ongoing, project-related advice and counsel on legal concepts, contract terms, corporate policies, and claims.
- Working closely with Marathons subject matter experts in tax, intellectual property, compliance, environmental, insurance and project management to integrate contractual terms within a comprehensive risk management structure.
- Currently licensed or otherwise qualified to practice law in US.
- Experience in international and partnership tax planning.
- 2-4 years of experience in a law or CPA firm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Qualities of a highly motivated self-starter capable of working in a team environment and collaborating with business units/asset teams, other in-house counsel, outside counsel and staff.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete projects in timely fashion
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Juris Doctorate degree
- LLM in taxation or CPA highly desirable
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ|| Finance and Accounting || Other Corporate Functions |||| 21001 ||
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 54017068 houston