Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 114086
Gulf Coast is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of Oldcastles growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position offers a diverse set of entry level and accounting related job responsibilities. The desired candidate will embrace a team concept when completing assigned tasks along with a strong commitment to do whatever is necessary to perform high quality work, meet deadlines and finish assigned tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supports the organization with research and analysis of financial records as directed by management.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to safeguard the financial assets of the company.
- Records and reconciles state, county and local sales taxes.
- Manage and reconcile inventory levels including raw materials and produced.
- Complete necessary journal entries as required.
- Process material sales billing, inventory transactions, and raw material transactions
- Process haul payments
- Assists with collections and cash management duties
- Performs vendor and/or other financial analysis as directed for support of business decisions by management.
- Provide accurate and timely volume reporting
- Assist with requests documentation related to external and internal audits.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 1 3 years of experience in a financial accounting environment preferred.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to analyze issues independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Knowledge and/or previous related experience in financial accounting environment preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Effective analytical and communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency in personal computers/word processing, spreadsheets/databases, and relevant software packages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Standard Office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced deadlines
- The noise level in some areas of work environment may be moderate
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfu or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 54016978 houston