Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:05 PM
The selected candidate will support En Route training requirements at the Houston Air Route Traffic Control Center in Houston, TX.
- The CTC Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC).
- The successful candidate for this position must have experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student- focused drive for continuous improvement.
- The CTC Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years recent Certified Professional Controller experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience instructing FAA personnel.
- The recent experience must have been performed at a similar type and level of ATC facility as the Houston Air Route Traffic Control Center.
- The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures.
- This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development.
- The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at an Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) within the U.S. National Airspace System.
- Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at the Houston Air Route Traffic Control Center Corpus Christi Area will have priority selection for the position.
- Operational Experience with ATC simulators including scenario design for DYSIM is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAAs overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
- Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 4, 2017, 5:09:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-TX-HOUSTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 53887193 houston