Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:44 AM
|Administrative Assistant, High School||JobID: 39089|
|Administrative Support Staff/Administrative Assistant, Campus|
DAEP Secondary School
Attachment(s):<ul>POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Secondary DAEP
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 03/23/17
JOB CODE: AD0545
PAY GRADE: 24
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: NE
Job Family - Administration
JOB SUMMARY: HISD is creating a secondary in-house disciplinary alternative education program with a focus on positive behavioral intervention, alcohol and drug curriculum, trauma informed practices, and restorative discipline. Our vision is to create a highly visible learning organization that reconnects disengaged youth with their respective schools and communities by designing engaging academic and behavioral support systems. This school will become a showcase for implementing behavioral support structures for our secondary campuses.
Provides administrative/clerical support for the Principal in the areas of payroll, correspondence, report preparation, inventory management, budget maintenance, public relations, and information dissemination.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides clerical support to the high school campus administrative staff (includes principals, assistant principals, etc.)
2. Maintains campus payroll including: transmittals, time cards, substitute cards, overtime, extended leave time forms, vacation leave, absence records and paycheck distribution. Monitors, updates, and maintains appropriate records and documents relating to school budget including activity funds, ledger, inventory supplies, and repairs and budget reconciliations. May disburse funds, record financial transactions, and audit and balance student organization and other school fund accounts.
3. Designs and maintains a computer database equivalent to the needs of the campus with respect to all school staff and personnel personal data (in case of an emergency). Maintains calendar of appointments and school/district events. Assists with the preparation of material related to opening and closing of school.
4. Makes arrangements to obtain associate teachers for absent teachers. Provides assistance to students, parents, teachers, and visitors. Writes permits for students, orders supplies for classroom teachers. Disseminates and maintains office supplies and materials.
5. Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and school related issues. Communicates with other building administrators and staff per principal directive. Coordinates office operations. Resolves most questions and problems, and refer the most complex issues to higher levels.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Office, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier), General knowledge of accounting procedures, district policies and school laws. Ability to function in a potentially high-stress environment
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Work Leadership. Regularly provides project management or team leadership to a group of two or more
employees, but does not have formal supervisory responsibility. Leading and directing typically involves
monitoring work and providing guidance on escalated issues. Most of work time is spent performing many
of same duties they are leading.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work involves the application of moderately complex procedures and tasks that are quite varied.
Independent judgment is often required to select and apply the most appropriate of available resources. Ongoing supervision is provided on an "as needed" basis.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on routine matters affecting few individuals and usually within the confines of the
job's own department. Specific job activities and results are typically reviewed closely. There are limited
requirements for developing new ideas or changes in methods, procedures or services.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Follows rules and procedures. Decisions can have minimal or no impact to HISD. Errors can be readily
detected, usually by the employee, and, if made, would result in minor expense for correction.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Collaborate and solve problems - works with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex
information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority. Interactions are
typically with customers, senior level professional staff, and managers.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Follows through with customer inquiries, requests and complaints. Forwards difficult and non-routine
inquiries or requests to appropriate level for resolution.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to
any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 53889908 houston