Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:47 AM
|Administrative Assistant II , Secondary||JobID: 41162|
|Administrative Support Staff/Administrative Assistant, Campus|
DAEP Secondary School
Attachment(s):POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant II, Secondary DAEP
CONTRACT LENGTH: Varies
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 03/23/17
Job Code: AD0505, AD0502, AD0501, AD050H
PAY GRADE: 22
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: NE
Job Family - Administration
JOB SUMMARY: HISD is creating a secondary in-house disciplinary alternative education program with a focus on positive behavioral intervention, alcohol and drug curriculum, trauma informed practices, and restorative discipline. Our vision is to create a highly visible learning organization that reconnects disengaged youth with their respective schools and communities by designing engaging academic and behavioral support systems. This school will become a showcase for implementing behavioral support structures for our secondary campuses.
Under general supervision, performs standard and some advanced secretarial and/or administrative duties, as well as independent project assignments, usually for a manager/senior manager. Position requires knowledge of practices and procedures of the department and district policy and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drafts and prepares correspondence to include letters, memos, matrices for display of statistical reports, forms, and minutes of meetings. Creates and maintains databases. Utilizes PeopleSoft or SAP for various reporting activities, requisitions, or work orders. Assignments may involve research of historical data or information.
2. Processes communications for district wide dissemination. Assembles and monitors all files, records, calendar of appointments, and other related events.
3. Processes payroll documents for status and salary changes, and resolves payroll/work history discrepancies.
4. Coordinates with other administrative staff. May have work leadership of one or more employees.
5. Answers phones, records messages, assists callers or re-directs inquiries to the appropriate individual or department. Schedules appointments for department management and staff.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: PeopleSoft, SAP, HTML, Microsoft Office, CAD, Chancery, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier)
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance,
technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work involves the application of moderately complex procedures and tasks that are quite varied.
Independent judgment is often required to select and apply the most appropriate of available resources.
Ongoing supervision is provided on an "as needed" basis.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on routine matters affecting few individuals and usually within the confines of therequirements for developing new ideas or changes in methods, procedures or services.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Follows rules and procedures. Decisions can have minimal or no impact to HISD. Errors can be readily
detected, usually by the employee, and, if made, would result in minor expense for correction.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Information sharing - gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instructions and
reporting results. Interactions are mostly with customers, own supervisor and coworkers in own and other
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Takes routine or required customer actions to meet customer needs. Responds promptly and accurately
to customer complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
May handle escalated issues passed on from coworkers or subordinates.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to
any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 54539513 houston