Posted: Monday, May 15, 2017 8:21 PM
Data Entry Clerk, Secondary DAEPJobID: 39145
Administrative Support Staff/General Clerk, Campus
DAEP Secondary School
Paraprofessional, Administrative Support Staff
Job Code:Contract Type:Months:
Salary Minimum:Salary Maximum:
: Data Entry Clerk (School), Secondary DAEP : AD0041, AD0042, AD0043, AD0044, AD0045, AD004H
POSITION TITLE: Data Entry Clerk (School), Secondary DAEP
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 03/23/17
Job Code: AD0041, AD0042, AD0043, AD0044, AD0045, AD004H
PAY GRADE: 19
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: NE
Job Family : Administration
JOB SUMMARY: HISD is creating a secondary in:house disciplinary alternative education program with a focus on positive behavioral intervention, alcohol and drug curriculum, trauma informed practices, and restorative discipline. Our vision is to create a highly visible learning organization that reconnects disengaged youth with their respective schools and communities by designing engaging academic and behavioral support systems. This school will become a showcase for implementing behavioral support structures for our secondary campuses.
Under general supervision, responsible for the entry, validation, analysis, and reporting of student data utilizing Chancery and PEIMS. Position requires thorough knowledge of district policies, procedures, and reporting systems.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs a variety of data entry and verification duties. Maintains student master file in reference to demographics, grades, and schedule changes. Analyzes and balances membership, transactions and daily attendance log.
2. Audits daily Classroom Attendance Records (CAR). Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and school related issues. Interprets, analyzes, corrects, and maintains all Chancery, PEIMS, and Region IV computer printouts and rosters.
3. Utilizes all aspects of Chancery and Region IV inquiry system. Maintains accurate computer records and print reports when requested. Compiles teacher matrix of numbers and homeroom sections. Distributes grade reporting material.
4. Generates report cards and make all necessary computer grade corrections. Reports excessive and/or patterns of absences. Ensures completeness and accuracy. Greets and assists faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
5. Performs other job:related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Office, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier)
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work and tasks are often straightforward, routine, structured and guided by established policies and procedures. Little, if any, independent judgment is required, outside of making basic choices in the selection and application of established methods. The job receives frequent, ongoing supervision.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING Decisions are made on routine matters affecting few individuals and usually within the confines of the jobs own department. Specific job activities and results are typically reviewed closely. There are limited requirements for developing new ideas or changes in methods, procedures or services.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Follows rules and procedures. Decisions can have minimal or no impact to HISD. Errors can be readily detected, usually by the employee, and, if made, would result in minor
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 53134188 houston