Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:02 PM
|Press Secretary||JobID: 40409|
|Business Professionals/Media Relations|
Attachment(s):POSITION TITLE: Press Secretary
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 06/20/16
JOB CODE: CM0425
<br> PAY GRADE: 34
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: E
Job Family Communications & Marketing
JOB SUMMARY: Develops and executes strategic media strategies, assists principals and administrators with crisis communications, and serves as chief spokesperson for the district. Generates articles for internal and external publications, and works to enhance HISDs public image through strategic partnerships with news media and community news outlets.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
List most important duties first
1. Develops and executes strategic media strategies, including but not limited to development of press releases, coordination of press events, pitching stories to local and national media, using social media, writing articles for internal and external publications, writing op-ed pieces, speeches, and talking points, monitoring press coverage for accuracy, and responding to inaccurate statements.
2. Conceptualizes and implements public awareness campaigns for internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to forging partnerships with appropriate entities, developing informational materials, talking points, and slideshow presentations.
3. Serves as chief spokesperson and interfaces with the media, providing interviews and information. Fosters good relations with the media. Oversees media interviews with district staff and students.
4. Assists principals and administrators with communications during crises and emergencies, and assists in the coordination of district emergency communications.
5. Provides training, support, and guidance to school-based and district staff on media relations and effective communications.
6. Disseminates critical information and press releases through social media channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and blogs.
7. Develops cross-platform, data-driven communications strategies, and tracks success of strategies through data collection.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
WORK EXPERIENCE: 7 to 10 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Office, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier)
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Work Leadership. Regularly provides project management or team leadership to a group of two or more employees, but does not have formal supervisory responsibility. Leading and directing typically involves monitoring work and providing guidance on escalated issues. Most of work time is spent performing many of same duties they are leading.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work is substantially complex, varied and regularly requires the selection and application of technical and detailed guidelines. Independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate methods as well as interpret precedent. Position regularly makes recommendations to management on areas of significance to the department. Supervision received typically consists of providing direction on the more complex projects and new job duties and priorities.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: Specifies requirements for a plan and/or budget.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on both routine and non-routine matters with some latitude, but are still subject to approval. Job is occasionally expected to recommend new solutions to problems and improve existing methods or generate new ideas.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Decisions have moderate impact to the facility/department or division, causing increased satisfaction or dissatisfaction; producing efficiencies or delays; promoting or inhibiting personal intellectual or professional development; and/or contributing to financial gain or expense. Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check, causing losses such as improper cost calculations, overpayment or improper utilization of labor, materials or equipment. Effect usually confined to the organization itself and is short term.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Collaborate and solve problems - works with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority. Interactions are typically with customers, senior level professional staff, and managers.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Leads others in the resolution of highly sensitive and confidential issues on behalf of the department. Acts as a trusted advisor, and becomes involved in the customer's decision making process including presenting alternatives and information and applying persuasion and negotiation skills in the resolution of problems. Monitors customer service standards.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 53888653 houston