This position plays an integral role in supporting the success of the practice by providing a variety of high quality administrative support to the Managing Partner of the Houston practice and other Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors (as directed) in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills and will be able to perform multiple tasks under deadline pressure while maintaining Deloitte’s exacting standards of quality. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and discretion in communications, strong professional and ethical standards, the ability to manage multiple relationships both internally across the firm and externally with clients, excellent time and project management skills, and an ability to understand and adapt to the clients’ business needs. An advanced proficiency level of administrative skills including communication and computing is required. This position will require flexibility around overtime.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for the Managing Partner of the Houston practice of Deloitte and other internal clients as directed.
- Coordinate meetings and conferences. May attend department meetings and prepare minutes as directed.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Develop a good working relationship with all levels of staff in all departments.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain contact with external clients and their administrative assistants on behalf of the Managing Partner and other internal clients.
- Function as a backup for other administrative professionals within the group and support other teaming activities as directed.
- Prepare requisitions for specific office purchases with appropriate authorization and arrange for payment.
- Search and collect information from various internal/external sources to provide preliminary research.
- Make time and expense entries accurately in a timely manner.
- Compose business correspondence under direction from the internal client served.
- Handle all incoming calls proficiently and follow through with issues raised with appropriate parties.
- Provide communication summaries and place calls on behalf of internal client as directed.
- Arrange essential mail both paper and electronic to help expedite client actions and avoid missing deadlines.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, invoices and emails with some direction from internal client.
- Adhere to firm directed formats including fonts and logos for all internal and external communication documents.
Organizing and Planning
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio visual and telephone equipment for meetings and conferences as requested by internal client.
- Arrange international and domestic travel under guidance from the internal client in accordance with firm policy.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for external functions including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions and dinner arrangements with minimal direction from the internal client.
- Prepare official agenda for meetings.
- Compile materials for training and meetings with minimal direction and instruction from internal client.
Filling and Document Management
- Develop and maintain effective filing system for the management of internal client needs and requirements, including classified and confidential files.
- Maintain contact details for internal client (business contacts, etc.).
- Process records for destruction or disposition with supervision.
- Maintain and update electronic files in various firm systems including but not limited to eDRMS, eRooms and SharePoint sites as requested.
Education & Experience : College Degree preferred, high school diploma required at minimum Minimum of five years’ work of proven relevant experience Professional demeanor Organized, detail-oriented, competent follow through skills Excellent computer skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Excellent communication skills – spelling, grammar and proofreading Exceptional interpersonal skills – positive/friendly demeanor, attentive listener Superior organization skills - ability to come up with processes and follow up Ability to exercise good judgment/decision making when necessary Ability to anticipate problems and act accordingly Ability to prioritize and multi-task - great time management Ability to take initiative - assertive and confident Ability to work well in a team environment
Click here for more info: https://jobs2.deloitte.com/global/en/job/DELOA004X133658/Senior-Administrative-Assistant-Houston
• Post ID: 54000603 houston