Forklift Operator Safety Training and Certification Class
If you want quality training from a group of Safety Professionals that are Board Certified (www.bcsp.org) and have been established since 1974 then you have come to the right place. We don’t rent equipment, sell parts, or do repairs. Every class we teach is taught by a Professional instructor that takes the time to explain the materials and answer any questions that you may have. Our training program is based off of the Federal OSHA Regulations requirements and meets the training guidelines. It doesn't matter if you have years of driving experience or if you are learning how to drive a fork lift for the first time. We will teach you everything a "Certified Forklift Operator" is required to know.
Course Content: Our Forklift Operator Safety Training and Certification Class includes safety training for all classes of “Powered Industrial Trucks” which includes Sit Down Forklifts (internal combustion engine & electric), Electric Motor Stand Up Forklifts, Narrow Aisle Reach Rider Forklifts, Electric Motor Hand Trucks & Hand/Rider Pallet Jacks, Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks "Cherry Pickers” etc…. In the class-room environment all students will receive both written and verbal training in safe operations of forklifts including:
- Operating instructions, warnings, and precautions for Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Differences between the forklift and the automobile including proper steering and maneuvering;
- Forklift controls and instrumentation: where they are located, what they do, and how they work;
- Engine or motor operation;
- Visibility (including restrictions due to loading);
- Fork and attachment adaptation, operation, and use limitations;
- Vehicle capacity and forklift stability;
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance that the operator will be required to perform and proper procedures to follow for other repairs and maintenance;
- Refueling and/or charging and recharging of batteries;
- Operating limitations including the surface conditions where the forklift can be operated;
- Arrangement of loads to be carried and load stability;
- Load manipulation, stacking, and un-stacking;
- Pedestrian traffic in areas where the vehicle will be operated;
- Narrow aisles and other restricted places where the vehicle will be operated;
- Ramps and other sloped surfaces that could affect the vehicle's stability;
- Closed environments and other areas where insufficient ventilation could cause a buildup of carbon monoxide or diesel exhaust;
- The requirements of 29 CFR 1910.178
Upon completion of the class room training students will then be given a hands on driving test that tests their skills in a practical application. They will maneuver through many obstacles with a pallet, both forward and reverse. The normal anticipated length of the driving test usually takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes per student. However if the student needs more practice time, arrangements will be made to give them more guidance and practice.
Certification of Completion: Each operator who successfully completes the class and passes the driving test will receive a laminated Operators Identification Card that will be valid for 3 years from completion date.
Regular Class Schedule For Individuals: We have classes every Friday at our office starting at 9:00 am lasting till around 1:00 pm. Please call 281-353-1512 or email us to schedule an appointment.
Location Address: 14850 Woodham Dr. Suite B-155, Houston, Texas 77073.
On Site Training Classes For Companies: To be scheduled on an as needed basis.
Need Further Info? Call us at: 281-353-1512
Visit our website at: www.Safety-Services.com
The cost of the course is $100.00 per student and can be paid by CASH at time of class or by CREDIT CARD (Sorry No Personal Checks).
NOTE: We have special discounted rates for companies who would like training at their own facility. Please contact us for rates and details.
Quote for the Day: “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” We’ve all heard the saying, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”, but is it really? The natural tendency when you are new in business is to see what others who are successful are doing and copy it. I get that and in a way it is flattering. On the other hand, I have had several calls from students who lost their wallet and needed a copy of their certification card but the person they received their training from was no where to be found. That also reminds me of a few other famous quotes like “you get what you pay for” and “if it sounds too good to be true…” Well you probably get the point.
As a potential student or an employer who is looking for safety training, make sure to do your homework and check out who you chose to provide your training and the quality and content of that training. References are always available upon request.
• Post ID: 4607701 houston