The Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the effort to develop and optimize Capital Maintenance for TransCanada US Natural Gas Pipelines. This will be accomplished through facilitation of the CMST (Capital Maintenance Steering Team), delivery of timely and accurate reporting services, comprehensive data analytics, and program status information assuring that the overall Capital Maintenance targets and key performance indicators are met. Targeted objectives are accomplished by focusing on program governance, process improvement, forecasting trends, key performance indicators, and analytical support to all key internal and external stakeholders.
Business Analysts are an integrated and strategic team member with Operations, Project Delivery, Commercial, Finance, Regulatory, Environmental and other Departments in the CMST. This includes supporting the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for both the Integrity (IMST) and Reliability (RST) Steering Teams. Governance responsibilities includes leading, developing, and training others in high level processes and enterprise applications, to assure on time and on budget execution of the capital program and attainment of all key performance indicators.
- Leads and participates in the development and definition of Capital Maintenance, including project prioritization process using risk based analysis, facilitating steering team meetings and approving project funding in a capital planning tool.
- Analyzes data on program forecasts, expenditures, and the progress of the strategic components of Capital Maintenance.
- Reviews projects, discusses planned expenditures, analyzes variances, and determines impact to overall Capital Maintenance.
- Coordinates and facilitates CMST, RST, and IMST assuring effective communication regarding project progress, expenditures, forecasts, and variance analysis, with project sponsor and program management personnel.
- Prepares communications on status for all appropriate levels of management on a regular basis.
- Analyzes processes and identifies process improvements relative to the Capital Maintenance, communicates and follows-through on subsequent improvements.
- Develop, Analyze, and submit Capital Maintenance program level financial status reports to management/requesting parties that contain actual capital expenditures, committed costs, and forecast, along with variance explanation to budget/plan.
- Develop, track and analyze Key Performance Metrics around Capital Maintenance reporting for Balanced Scorecard Analysis and Reporting.
- Assists management through a wide variety of studies, reports, data requests, and special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficiency with budgeting, forecasting, project planning processes and systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and achieve goals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw well-supported conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on internal and external customers
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Demonstrate drive and commitment to achieve business results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with SAP products
- 6 or more years of experience in similar positions and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in business related field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Engineering) is required. Preference may be given to candidates who have completed their MBA.
- Experienced as a financial, business or operations analyst, or equivalent role
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/19/2018. To apply, go to (link removed) and enter Reference Code 46722. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 73229092 houston