Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:01 AM
Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Histotechnologist.
- Under the direction of the Pathologist and Laboratory Director, the Histotechnologist performs tissue processing, slide preparation, staining, tissue embedding, block cutting, preparation of cytology specimens, frozen sections and assisting with bone marrow procedures.
- The Histotechnologist is required to demonstrate an understanding of specimen, preparation, processing and storage, as well as how to retrieve departmental slides and reports and an understanding of department inventory and ordering supplies is also required.
- Clerical duties include, but not limited to, the completion and/or interpretation of Pathology forms, requisitions, reports, logs and charge sheets.
- The Histotechnologist has a clear and knowledgeable understanding of the hospital policies and procedures including technical safety, infection control and disaster policies.
- Must be experienced with using the microscope and training as required. He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03198-71451&lang=en
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 57158923 houston