West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX
West Houston Medical Center has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally recognized quality care.
For more than three years, we have achieved 100 percent compliance with CMS acute myocardial infarction requirement times. This means patients who arrive at our hospital in cardiac arrest receive full cardiovascular cath lab care with a door-to-balloon time of less than 90 minutes.
Our labs are equipped to perform several diagnostic and interventional procedures, including:
- Left and right heart catheterization
- Atherectomy and thrombectomy
- Intracoronary thrombolytic methods
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) implantation including biventricular
- Permanent pacemaker implantation including biventricular
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Peripheral Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA)
- Stent placement
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside.
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00417-70718&lang=en
• Post ID: 52841428 houston