Job Summary – The Customer Advisor is responsible for working with customers to address inquiries and concerns related to patient accounts. (This position would handle patient calls and other responsibilities as assigned).
Supervisor – Customer Service Manager
Supervises – not applicable
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Talk with customers by phone or in person to obtain information needed to resolve inquiries.
• Confer with other staff members to obtain additional information and clarification
needed to resolve customer concerns
• Reconcile accounts according to insurance contracts and submit/ process correct
• Review accounts for appeal requests and forward appropriately
• Review accounts for duplicate or charge errors, forwarding to audit if necessary
• Correct or add insurance information and request rebill
• Encourage payment from patient through credit card, check or payment arrangement
• Answer all inquiries from customers promptly (generally the same day received)
• Assist patient account inquiries by courteously supplying accurate and timely information, including bills if requested
• Follow all guidelines and policies for SSC employees, both general policies and those specific to customer service activities
• Maintain a courteous and professional attitude with customers and coworkers
• Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
• Analyze, process and index correspondence via CWF (if applicable).
• Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements (if applicable)
• Maintain required productivity and QA standards
• Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
• Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value
Statement” and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes
utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships,
building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08948-132155&lang=en
• Post ID: 51691993 houston