Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:32 AM
|Senior Manager, Special Education Services - ES, MS, HS||JobID: 47249|
|Business Professionals/Senior Manager|
Attachment(s):POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Special Education Services (ES, MS, HS)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 06/15/17
Job Code: AC0905
PAY GRADE: 31
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: E
Job Family Academics
JOB SUMMARY: Provides leadership and assistance to schools with the implementation of a continuum of special education services and a quality instructional program for special education in accordance with district procedures, state law, federal law and departmental policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
List most important duties first
1. Serves as the first point of contact for school leaders regarding special education. Supports and works with schools to implement special education services and special education management systems necessary for developing and maintaining effective research-based special education services.
2. Manages, directs, and monitors compliance and implementation of federal, state and local policies relative to the special education services in assigned schools. Monitors the completion and accuracy of special education reports required by local, state and federal guidelines relative to student achievement, funding and performance.
3. Manages and supervises special education support staff and provides leadership in analyzing performance data and special education reports to guide planning, developing, and implementing research-based instructional programs and services.
4. Monitors, reviews, and collaborates in contested issues concerning students with disabilities. Communicates with parents and school staff to resolve issues concerning the Admission, Review, and Dismissal/Individualized Education Program (ARD/IEP) and related services for students with disabilities as required by state and federal law.
5. Works with school staff to identify instructional and programming needs for professional development to better serve students with disabilities. Works collaboratively with school-based special education staff and general education staff to support the success of all students.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5 to 7 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Chancery, Teacher Certification,Special Education Certification, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier)
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages. Accomplishes the majority of work objectives through the management of direct reports. Provides day-to-day direction to staff; may become directly involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring application of policies and procedures. Receives assignments in the form of objectives, with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides input to hiring, performance and budget.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work is substantially complex, varied and regularly requires the selection and application of technical and detailed guidelines. Independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate methods as well as interpret precedent. Position regularly makes recommendations to management on areas of significance to the department. Supervision received typically consists of providing direction on the more complex projects and new job duties and priorities.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: Participates in budget development, expenditure monitoring and program evaluation.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made with greater freedom and discretion, including recommendations that are subject to approval on matters that may affect multiple departments across HISD. Job is frequently expected to recommend new solutions to problems, to improve existing methods/procedures/services and generate new ideas. May also review decisions made by other individuals on more routine matters.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Decisions have minor, small and possibly incremental impact on the department or facility. Errors are usually discovered in succeeding operations where most of the work is verified or checked and is normally confined to a single department or phase of the organizational activities resulting in brief inconvenience.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Negotiate and influence - interprets department strategies and services, resolves conflicts, influences outcomes on matters of significance for the division, conducts final negotiations and coordinates approvals/decision making below the executive level. Interactions are typically with customers and Top Management.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Takes routine or required customer actions to meet customer needs. Responds promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up. May handle escalated issues passed on from coworkers or subordinates.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 68743287 houston