Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:00 AM
|Teacher Behavior Specialist||JobID: 41234|
|Certified Professional/Teacher Specialist|
Student Support Services
POSITION TITLE: Teacher Behavior Specialist
Job Code: 009400
SALARY GRADE: RT
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11M
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director, Social & Emotional Learning
POSITION SUMMARY: The Teacher Behavior Specialist serves as a professional development trainer and coach for campus professionals to implement a common district wide language and structure associated with Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). The Teacher Behavior Specialist recognizes and addresses school wide and individual social, emotional, and behavioral concerns that hinder academic growth. The Teacher Behavior Specialist provides school level consultation to support campuses on the use of multi-tiered systems of supports to address student social and emotional needs and promote mental health awareness.
1. Delivers district wide training on the framework for Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
2. Delivers campus level technical assistance to schools to strengthen the PBIS framework.
3. Presents staff development training in assigned schools to enable school personnel to identify and work more effectively with students with emotional, social, and behavioral differences.
3. Conducts professional development for school personnel on emotional/behavioral markers, classroom modifications/accommodations, and structured intervention strategies.
4. Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of social and emotional curriculum.
1. Consults with teachers and relevant staff concerning the educational needs of students, interpretation of assessment data, and implementation of behavior intervention plans in managing disruptive students.
2. Provides professional input and support to campuses on the use of multi-tiered systems of supports to address student needs.
3. Consults with teachers and relevant staff concerning the educational needs of students, interpretation of assessment data, and implementation of behavior intervention plans in managing disruptive students.
4.Provides suggestions regarding behavioral management/structured intervention strategies for teachers and/or parents.
5. Provides functional behavioral assessment (FBA) training to increase the efficiency of comprehensive data-gathering methods to develop Behavior Support Plans (BSP) and to delineate positive behavior strategies for teachers and other school staff.
1. Develops online training material and other resources to support district wide PBIS efforts.
2. Collaborates with other departments to ensure tenets of PBIS are integrated with other relevant district initiatives.
3. Collects and monitors school and district data associated with behavior and discipline.
4. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Current Texas Teacher Certification
3 years of experience
Experience dealing with behavioral issues in an educational setting or equivalent
Counseling background preferred; experience as a social worker preferred
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into focus; judge distance (close and distant); reach with arms extended and use hands to manipulate the keyboard.
Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, twist, bend, climb, and/or be mobile.
Ability to travel throughout the district and city by means of private or public transportation. If driving personal (or private) vehicle, must possess a valid drivers license and appropriate insurance coverage.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 54641438 houston