Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 7:24 AM
|Teacher Development Specialist - Elementary Literacy||JobID: 47300|
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Attachment(s):POSITION TITLE: Teacher Development Specialist, Elementary Literacy
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 04/10/17
Job Code: TR0460
PAY GRADE: 30
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: E
Job Family Training
JOB SUMMARY: Leads the development and alignment of curriculum to the state standards as well as develops teacher capacity to implement the curriculum with fidelity. Assesses educational programs for quality and adherence to regulations and standards to ensure that all curriculum resources meet the needs of the districts students as measured by the increase in student academic achievement.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List most important duties first
1. Designs and implements the districts curriculum, oversees the development of formative assessments, develops and delivers district professional development.
2. Works with teachers and principals to review performance data and development plans and to identify teachers strengths to prioritize the most pressing development needs to increase student achievement.
3. Provides teachers with appropriate professional development opportunities to meet priority needs.
4. Partners with principals and other school support leaders to ensure campus development focus is aligned to priorities as determined by the analysis of campus data.
5. Collaborates with other Teacher Development Specialists to review performance data, reflect on themes, determine how to aggregate and prioritize needs, and allocate resources accordingly.
6. Oversees the development and implementation of workshops for teachers, leaders, and parents at specified school sites or in online environments.
7. Coaches, models, and guides teachers to utilize new technologies in the classroom that will engage students and increase academic achievement.
8. Researches teaching methods and techniques and develops procedures to ensure that teachers are implementing the curriculum successfully and meeting program goals.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required; Masters Degree or higher preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5 to 7 years Minimum of 5 years of proven successful teaching experience as demonstrated by a track record of success in increasing student achievement preferred; 3+ years of school-based leadership experience preferred
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Office, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier), HISD HUB, Must have ability to travel daily to schools and school offices throughout the district
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work is substantially complex, varied and regularly requires the selection and application of technical and detailed guidelines. Independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate methods as well as interpret precedent. Position regularly makes recommendations to management on areas of significance to the department. Supervision received typically consists of providing direction on the more complex projects and new job duties and priorities.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made with greater freedom and discretion, including recommendations that are subject to approval on matters that may affect multiple departments across HISD. Job is frequently expected to recommend new solutions to problems, to improve existing methods/procedures/services and generate new ideas. May also review decisions made by other individuals on more routine matters.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Decisions have minor, small and possibly incremental impact on the department or facility. Errors are usually discovered in succeeding operations where most of the work is verified or checked and is normally confined to a single department or phase of the organizational activities resulting in brief inconvenience.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Collaborate and solve problems - works with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority. Interactions are typically with customers, senior level professional staff, and managers.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Follows through with customer inquiries, requests and complaints. Forwards difficult and non-routine inquiries or requests to appropriate level for resolution.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 68896237 houston