Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 7:57 AM
Teaching AssistantJobID: 47766
Instructional : Support Staff/Teaching Assistant
Gallegos Elementary School
Gallegos Elementary School
Certified Educational Support Staff
Job Code:Contract Type:Months:
Salary Minimum:Salary Maximum:
: Teaching Assistant: AC0251, AC025H
POSITION TITLE: Teaching Assistant
CONTRACT LENGTH: 10M/ Hrly
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 09/21/17
Job Code: AC0251, AC025H
PAY GRADE: 19
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: NE
Job Family : Academics
JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, performs duties that are instructional in nature or may deliver direct services to students or parents. Serves in a position for which a teacher or another professional has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services. Assists with test administration. May provide specialized assistance for students with special needs.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
List most important duties first
1. Assists teacher(s) with student academic goals, by working with small groups of children or an individual child.
2. Assists teacher(s) in the enforcement of classroom management and behavioral plans, creating an environment that is appropriate for learning.
3. Assists with supervising students during breakfast, recess, lunch, dismissal, special events, and programs.
4. Assists teacher(s) in the preparation of paperwork for the ARD/IEP process. Collects and enters data for completion of special education reports and documents.
5. Assists teacher(s) with the planning, preparation and implementation of differentiated instruction for individual students and groups.
6. Performs other job:related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: See Licensing/Certification Requirements below
WORK EXPERIENCE: No experience
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) requires that paraprofessionals who have instructional support duties in the core academic subject areas and who are working in a Title I, Part A program must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and meet ONE of the following qualifications:
* Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (48 college hours); or
* Obtained an associates (or higher) degree; or
* Completion of a paraprofessional program approved by TEA or an Education Service Center (ESC), i.e., Region 4.
* Passing scores from the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) (formerly the TASP) test. The minimum score needed to pass the Reading and Mathematics Sections is 230. For the Writing Section, the minimum passing score is 220 and a writing sample score of 6 or above.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work and tasks are often straightforward, routine, structured and guided by established policies and procedures. Little, if any, independent judgment is required, outside of making basic choices in the selection and application of established methods. The job receives frequent, ongoing supervision.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on routine matters affecting few individuals and usually within the confines of the jobs own department. Specific job activities and results are typically reviewed closely. There are limited requirements for developing new ideas or changes in methods, procedures or services.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Follows rules and procedures. Dec
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 73114277 houston