Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:09 PM
|Wraparound Resource Specialist - Navarro Middle School||JobID: 47291|
|Business Professionals/Wraparound Services|
Yolanda Black Navarro Middle School of Excellence
Attachment(s):POSITION TITLE: Wraparound Resource Specialist
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 09/21/17
Job Code: HM0260
PAY GRADE: 28
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: E
Job Family Student Support Services
JOB SUMMARY: Every Community, Every School is a comprehensive district initiative that connects schools to non-academic supports needed to improve the well-being and academic achievement of all students. Often called wraparound services, these non-academic supports address critical issues such as mental health and physical health needs, food insecurity, lack of stable housing, violence, incarceration of a parent, and many other challenges that can have adverse effects on a student's readiness and ability to learn.
This is a school-based position devoted to connecting students to wraparound services.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
List most important duties first
1. Works with the Manager, Wraparound Services to perform campus and community needs assessment, find service providers, and troubleshoot challenges.
2. Engages families and school staff to better understand student needs, develops and manages partnerships with local service providers, and participates in and learning from resource specialist community.
3. Works with district, city, school, and the community to facilitate empowering events.
4. Participates in professional development opportunities centered on development of wraparound directors to identify additional funding requirements.
5. Coordinates student needs assessment and provider selection. Supports school administration in making data-driven program decisions. Gathers input from community leaders during decision-making process. Collect and use needs and service provider data throughout wraparound program and share with district leaders.
6. Supports school administration in making data-driven program decisions based on student data, (e.g., attendance, behavior, and coursework.)
7. Determines major needs of overall school community.
8. Identifes gaps in service provider database.
9. Works directly with individual students in need and connects them with service providers.
10. Follows up with students for feedback on provided services.
11. Builds positive relationships and trust with principals, teaching staff, students, service providers, community leaders, and other resource coordinators
12. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: SAP, Microsoft Office, Chancery, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier), Ability to work in collaboration with other teams and colleagues, Strong interpersonal skills and good at developing relationships, Ability to find gaps in required and needed resources and services by acting quickly, Ability to negotiate and mediate solutions, Ability to manage and track a program and track the use of allocated funds, High degree of cultural awareness and competency in cross-cultural practice with children and families
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work involves the application of moderately complex procedures and tasks that are quite varied. Independent judgment is often required to select and apply the most appropriate of available resources.
Knowledge and appreciation of challenges faced by educators, students and low-income communities.
Ongoing supervision is provided on an "as needed" basis.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: Compiles and organizes data and figures.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on both routine and non-routine matters with some latitude, but are still subject to approval. Job is occasionally expected to recommend new solutions to problems and improve existing methods or generate new ideas.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Decisions have minor, small and possibly incremental impact on the department or facility. Errors are usually discovered in succeeding operations where most of the work is verified or checked and is normally confined to a single department or phase of the organizational activities resulting in brief inconvenience.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Collaborate and solve problems - works with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority. Interactions are typically with customers, senior level professional staff, and managers.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Follows through with customer inquiries, requests and complaints. Forwards difficult and non-routine inquiries or requests to appropriate level for resolution.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 68849112 houston