Lead and manage the design and implementation of medium to large scale cross-functional projects. This position provides analytical and technical support to the VALIC Operations and other business units on complex issues.
Within the first six (6) to twelve (12) months the person in this position will be expected to:
1. Understand systems, processes, products and the impact to the project and business objectives
2. Ability to handle multiple projects, special assignments and other priorities and adjust work accordingly to meet target deadlines
3. Leads in managing project integration, scope, time, costs, benefits, and quality and communicates the status, risk, and issues associated with each to the correct levels(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the project outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and on time.
This position is responsible for:
1. Leads cross-functional team members assigned during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion or project deliverables.
2. Coordinates with IT and business sponsors on business case development and cost/benefit analysis.
3. Ensure that the project Sponsors expectations are translated into clear defined scope. Responsible for end-to-end coordination, ensuring the requirements, needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders are met.
4. Evaluate all options available and identify the pros and cons of each option as they relate to system processing, business processing, time and cost and recommend the best possible solutions and estimates.
5. Work with business units to complete all requirements gathering exercises for assigned projects and produce Business Requirements Definition Document or Feasibility Analysis where necessary.
6. Work with project team members to identify sequence, estimate project related activities and produce the required project management schedule.
7. Work with IT/QA, business owners and project team members to ensure test plans and test cases are comprehensive.
8. Provides guidance on a continuous basis to team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
9. Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
10. Develops reporting documentation (Monthly Status Reports, etc.) so that all administrative coordination points between cross functional departments and projects are informed/updated regularly.
11. Communicates project status to team, business owners and executive leadership as appropriate throughout the duration of assigned projects and through post implementation.
The best people doing this job will have:
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or four years related work experience.
2. 5-10 years project management
3. Business Analysis
4. Knowledge of Project Management/SDLC and tools
5. Experience in MS Office applications, including use of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint
1. Demonstrates initiative, perseverance, and commitment in accomplishing objectives.
2. Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to identify a problem, analyzes the source problem and recommend viable solutions.
3. Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to mid-level management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
4. Strong communication skills-oral written and presentation
• Post ID: 51109223 houston