CHEMICAL PLANT OPERATIONS MANAGER (GREEN FIELD FACILITY) - SGS Petroleum Service (Baytown, TX)
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 11:22 AM
CHEMICAL PLANT OPERATIONS MANAGER (GREEN FIELD FACILITY)
State - City:
TX - BAYTOWN
MONDAY - FRIDAY (DAYS)
DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIRED
DescriptionJob Title:Plant Operations and Process Manager
Business Unit:SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
Exempt or Non-Exempt:Exempt
Hourly or Salary:Salary
Primary Responsibilities: Core leadership role in the development and operation of a small petrochemical manufacturing facility. This role will begin with the development of plans and systems to meet core objectives of facility operations. This person will be jointly responsible, with the customer, for staffing the facility over a phased, 1.5 year construction and ramp-up period. The overall guiding expectation is that the role will actively engage with the customer, field leadership and field employees to ensure that all operations under his or her direction are striving to achieve excellent performance in the areas of safety, environmental and overall job quality. The job site will also produce acceptable value in terms of the business contribution with specific financial results as well as strategic value.
Reporting to:VP Plant Operations, SGS PSC
- Site Development
- Collaborates closely with customer and engineering firm on the construction and core processes of facility (HAZOP reviews, site logistics layout, process redundancy, safety devices, etc).
- Leads the development of systems and procedures required for PSM compliance
- Leads the development of systems for numerous other aspects of future operations including: quality control, site logistics, maintenance, regulatory compliance, permitting, emergency response, operational training, etc.
- Builds and executes detailed plans and schedules for current and future development phases including specific milestones and staffing needs to achieve those milestones.
- Overall Operating Performance
- Ensures systems and processes are in place to drive safety, environmental and quality performance by the workgroup.
- Clearly communicates goals around operating performance and ensures that they are understood.
- Has direct participation in safety meetings and overall training initiatives to model appropriate behaviour for our field employees.
- Performs safety observations in the field to establish high visibility with employees and the customer.
- Reviews safety observation forms completed and identifies trends or areas of concern.
- Ensures that all incidents are investigated and participate directly in significant incidents (i.e. employee injuries, spills, derailments).
- Ensures that training is being conducted in alignment with PSC and the customer's best practices, including auditing of records and informal participation in employee qualification process.
- Supports field employees with performance problems and helps establish effective corrective actions.
- Works closely with the field employees and customer to identify efficiencies and help implement them.
- Ensures positive recognition is occurring for good performance and personally participate in recognition events.
- Leadership Development
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to field employees
- Actively participates and helps lead group leadership development activities and leadership training conducted with HR.
- Performs annual performance evaluation with field employees.
- Works closely with VP of Operations to identify future leaders, and creates an individual development plan for these candidates.
- Commercial and Business Issues
- Understands specific contract pay and billing details
- Manages damage claims to minimize impact.
- Identifies high risk activity or situations that leave PSC exposed to undesired liability (injury, contamination, reputation).
- Develops win/win solutions to opportunities to maximize value to customer and at the same time contribute to PSC's financial success.
- Recognizes and act appropriately for situations that balance protecting short-term financial impact versus long-term negative business position with a particular customer.
- Customer Relationships
- Has regular contact with key customer personnel, including regular face-to-face interaction.
- Utilizes PSC quarterly report card process to facilitate the ongoing regular dialogue in customer relationship at the facility.
- Helps facilitate appropriate customer entertainment, particularly with senior management at organization.
- Organizational Support
- Provides support and input to peers on the team
- Leads regular in-plant management meetings
- Shares information / best practices / lessons learned.
- Seeks input and collaboration on difficult issues and problems.
- Works closely with the HR and safety groups
- Recruiting / hiring / discipline issues.
- Helps conduct safety intensive and other key safety training.
- Effectively communicates and implements company policy changes.
- Actively supports business efforts between in-plant operations and PSC marine operations (best practices, training, leadership development, resource support, etc.)
- Participates in any appropriate cross functional teams.
- Engineering degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience in petrochemical industry
- Experience in relevant technical aspects including PSM compliance, DOT pipeline operations, liquefied gas storage, facility maintenance and basic chemical manufacturing processes are preferred
- Experience / familiarity with full array of permit requirements associated with petrochemical plant operation
- Experience in supervising and management; work groups with wide-ranging functions are preferred
- Possess strong project management skills
- Possess strong communication (written / verbal) skills
Job Benefits:affordable options for group, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance with company paying a portion of the premiums; matching 401(k) plan; employee discounts; industry-leading training and leadership development programs; paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays; safety incentives and bonuses; and much more.
Job Requirements:18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.; stable work history with good references from past employers; pass a drug screen, physical, and background check; and speak fluent English.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and
committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 54364568 houston