Division Director of Operations - Physician Practices - Houston, TX - HCA (Houston, Texas)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides leadership, direction and ongoing administration and management for all aspects of physician operations, quality and ensures regulatory and HCA policies and procedures are implement for efficient, effective management for all clinics. Participates in the development and implementation of compliance, training and education, policies and procedures including best practices.
SUPERVISES: Operations management and staff
SCOPE: This position manages physician practices in Houston, Corpus Christi, Harlingen and McAllen.
- 64 practices, 182 total providers (physicians and APP’s)
- 20 specialties with the largest concentration in OBGYN and Cardiology and Surgical Specialties.
- 8 Direct Reports
- 700 total employees
- 45 million dollars in annual revenue
- Multiple practice/specialty and multiple site experience of ~100+ providers at a given time
- Master’s Degree
- Strong P&L experience
- Proven experience in practice transitions and standing up new practices
- Ability and background in building strong physician relationships
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee and manage all employed physicians and practices in accordance with Physician Services standards and polices.
- Help prepare and participate in practice, facility, market, and division Monthly Operations Reviews (MORs).
- Ensure that each practice meets and/or exceeds their financial targets.
- Responsible for volume growth initiatives and performance metrics.
- Responsible for implementing and tracking all quality initiatives.
- Work effectively with sales and marketing to enhance growth initiatives.
- Support the goals of the division and markets.
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team for the division and market.
- Assist in developing and implementing physician development plans.
- Deliver creative and innovative solutions to the Division Vice President.
- Prepare physician employment contracts in accordance with management expectations while insuring compliance with all applicable regulatory authorities and HCA policies.
- Work effectively with HCA Physician Services management and support teams.
- Work effectively with the physician recruiting function of HCA Physician Services and hospital liaisons to support the placement of qualified physicians in employed practices.
- Key participant in planning, budgets, new products and services, compliance and other physician practice issues.
- Serve as the integral link between HCA Physician Services and the end users to enhance the use and effectives of its products and services.
- Ensure that HCA Physician Services compliance, training and education , policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs.
- Serves as Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Display consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism in interactions with peers, subordinates, customers, (patients, families, physicians, payors, vendors, etc.)
- Provide ongoing orientation, identify and coordinate staff training for new and existing employees.
- Recruit, interview, select and hire new management and staff members.
- Conduct performance evaluations and corrective disciplinary action with staff.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in areas of patient, employee and physician relations.
- Help prepare and participate in practice, facility, market and division MORs.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Knowledge of HCA Physician Services products and services.
- Knowledge of fiscal management techniques.
- Knowledge of health care administrative systems.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skill in planning, organizing and supervising.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Skill in developing comprehensive reports.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=20806-55156&lang=en
• Post ID: 46882042 houston