Verizon is investing in its network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
Candidate will manage all aspects of implementation of Network Transformation in assigned city. Tasks include but are not limited to, preparing overall delivery schedule and time line, escalating issues internally and externally to meet deliverables, managing project budget internally and with vendor, reporting status of deliverables.
- Drive complex projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Coordinate and schedule resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and objectives.
- Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilize project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
- Maintain excellent communication with Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of experience managing network projects
- Strong technical and project management knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of PC and software application including Windows and MS Office.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- PMP certification preferred. Military experience desired.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially with Local and Long-Haul Telecommunications networks, is a big plus.
- Experience with SRM/SAP as well as expense and/or capital budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- Experience making independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6649068-network-project-manager