To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Post Anesthesia Care Unit and the Intensive Care Unit by all levels of practitioners. To advise the Director, Surgical Services and hospital management regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, performance improvement processes and to anticipate and estimate future needs of the department to accomplish the mission of The Woman’s Hospital of Texas.
1. Develops and administers PACU and ICU services as necessary to include nursing care.
2. Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as, nursing, pharmacy, laboratory, respiratory care and other support services.
3. Develop, monitor, appraise, and analyze budgetary goals and outcomes within the Department of Surgery.
4. In collaboration with the Director and Educator of Surgical Services, evaluate the quality of care within the services provided.
5. Control processes related to Human Resources: inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, precepting and evaluation of staff.
6. Direct and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
7. Develop, interpret, inspect, and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
8. Develop, institute, review, and implement Disaster Plan policies and procedures for the department.
9. Collaborates, develops, and participates in marketing of the Department of Surgery.
10. Responsible for twenty-four hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
11. Other duties as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00162-72765&lang=en
• Post ID: 49284768 houston