GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company’s mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule.
SUPERVISOR: Business Office Manager or designee
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (subject to review if RN and/or if duties include supervisory with discretion to make employment decision that may include hiring, firing, disciplinary action, performance management, etc.)
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Obtains CPT and ICD-9 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from the physician’s office; seeks assistance from Facility Coder as determined through facility processes.
- Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and notifies physician’s offices about these procedures.
- Determines if patient has been previously treated at the center. If so, completes chart request from Medical Records and notifies Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician special equipment/requests.
- Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with O.R. nurse to ensure daily schedule is streamlined.
- Maintains Center Block Schedule List. Arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through facility processes.
- Calls and/or faxes physician’s offices to notify them of any open schedule times that may allow for additional cases to be taken for the Center.
- Promptly forwards patient face sheets to Insurance Verification to obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center before scheduling the patient.
- Posts/faxes schedule within twenty four (24) hours of receipt.
- Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Business Office Manager/Administrator/Nurse Manager as they arise.
- Assists with and participates in scheduler luncheons and other facility marketing efforts, as determined through facility processes.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as requested.
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
· Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
· Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
· Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
· Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=09789-75024&lang=en
• Post ID: 54711773 houston