Posted: Monday, May 8, 2017 8:43 PM
Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance (Energy and Sustainability)JobID: 38917
Business Professionals/Facility Management Admin
Facility Management Admin
Hattie Mae White Bldg.
Job Code:Contract Type:Months:
Salary Minimum:Salary Maximum:
: Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance (Energy and Sustainability) : CF0875.docx
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance (Energy and Sustainability)
Job Code: CF0875
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
PAY GRADE: 32
JOB FAMILY: Construction and Facilities Services
Oversees daily operations for facility services provided to schools, administration buildings, stadiums, and support facilities throughout the district. Responsible for all aspects of Energy and Utility management, sustainability, and DDC Monitoring and Scheduling.
This senior manager will be on:call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs the provision of energy and sustainability and DDC monitoring, district wide.
2. Provides management support and continuing development of management and supervisory personnel. Ensures that all capital items installed or replaced for all facilities meet SCORE requirements, and EnergyStar guidleines.
3. Manages and oversees multiple budgets to ensure efficient use of resources and adherence to procurement policies.
4. Aligns performance goals (smart goals as well as departmental) and objectives to support the districts mission and implements performance tools to assess the effectiveness of the delivery of services.
5. Provides direction and management to ensure federal, state, and local regulatory compliance as they apply to district facilities.
6. Maintains work order integrity, ensuring that all work orders are reviewed and addressed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis by area managers and their teams.
7. Works closely with Bond program managers, project managers, and senior managers as related to scopes of work, facility:related issues, and concerns. Develops HVAC, DDC, and Utility scope for all Bond renovations and rebuilds.
8. Delegates to and holds subordinates responsible for satisfactory performance of assignments. Assigns work to maintenance managers and oversees completion.
9. Holds all job order contractors, annual vendors, and suppliers accountable for their work.
10. Acts as primary department contact for response to emergency calls from facilities and after:hour callouts throughout the district, channeling concerns to appropriate divisions and following up with project status and resolution.
11. Visits district sites to monitor maintenance operations, ensuring compliance with all OSHA regulations, building codes, HISD construction standards, environmental agency requirements, life safety standards, and regulations.
12. Recruits, trains, and supervises maintenance personnel and makes sound recommendations about personnel placements, transfers, retentions, and dismissals. Evaluates job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness. Reviews and approves overtime requests, purchase of tools, equipment, supplies, and contracts.
13. Performs other job:related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or
In lieu of a Bachelors degree, additional equivalent and directly:related education and experience, as determined by Human Resources and the hiring manager, may be used for the education requirement. Equivalent experience is four or more years in a related field in an exempt:level position in addition to the minimum experience requirement of 7 years.
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 54367233 houston