Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:33 AM
Senior Manager, Recruitment and SelectionJobID: 39192
Business Professionals/Human Resources: Recruitment and Selection
Hattie Mae White Bldg.
Job Code:Contract Type:Months:
Salary Minimum:Salary Maximum:
: Senior Manager, Recruitment and Selection : HR0385
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Recruitment and Selection
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 03/24/17
Job Code: HR0385
PAY GRADE: 32
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: E
Job Family : Human Resources
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the General Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Selection develops, implements, and oversees strategic long:range recruitment and selection practices to support Houston ISDs vision and goals. The Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Selection is responsible for meeting established recruitment and selection goals and objectives in support of HISDs hiring needs for classrooms and schools. The Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Selection will meet department and district goals by maintaining cost effective and efficient practices consistent with the recruitment budget, maintaining and leveraging key hiring metrics reporting to inform recruitment and selection strategies, and leading departmental initiatives, while overseeing and working with recruitment and selection staff. In collaboration and under the direction of the General Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Selection serves as a key Human Resources leadership contact in supporting employees and leaders with a wide variety of Human Resources recruitment and selection needs. Together with the General Manager, Talent Acquisition, the Sr. Manager, Recruitment and Selection builds, establishes, and fosters solid partnerships with universities, institutions, ACP, etc. to attract quality candidates that reflect campus needs.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees the recruitment and selection functions for school based teacher, leadership, and associate teacher and central office leadership positions.
2. Collaborates with the General Manager, Talent Acquisition and other senior Human Resources leadership to develop and implement district:wide recruitment and selection programs, policies, and procedures that meet district hiring needs.
3. Supervises the programmatic and daily functions of the recruitment and selection staff. Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work. Provides ongoing assessment of project and program results.
4. Develops innovative, creative, and proactive recruitment and selection strategies to meet the business needs of hiring managers, etc.
5. Assists in driving the successful implementation and utilization of a talent acquisition technology system in the recruitment and selection processes. Recommends and works with external vendors utilized to aid recruitment and selection processes.
6. Reviews metrics and provides analysis of management reports to track progress toward goals, and provides the basis upon which to measure and improve performance.
7. Assists in the preparation of departmental and program budgets. Monitor budgets and provide analysis and reports.
8. Consults with hiring managers to gain an understanding of position requirements, challenges and opportunities and recommends improvements to recruitment and selection practices as a result.
9. Attends job fairs and trade shows when appropriate.
10. Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all employees and Human Resources leadership and serves as a key staff contact in resolving departmental issues.
11. Performs other job:related duties as assigned.
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 52007728 houston