East Houston Regional Medical Center – Houston, TX
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, East Houston Regional Medical Center offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
East Houston Regional Medical Center is a full-service acute care hospital located on Interstate 10 East in Harris County. Our community-based hospital offers 131 beds, more than 250 board-certified doctors and more than 400 staff. Our Level IV emergency center is the only such facility in the area. This certification allows our hospital to care for trauma cases and also allows for quick diagnosis and reduced wait times for our patients visiting the ER.
East Houston Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Trauma Manager – Trauma Dept.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with others.
- Ability to create and maintain an environment that results in above average satisfaction ratings from employees, patients, and physicians.
- Ability to absorb negative information/criticism and maintain a balanced perspective on issues.
- Ability to negotiate priorities with individuals at various levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of the objectives of the company and implication for programs, policies, and decisions.
- Attends in-service presentations including but not limited to infection control, patient safety, job safety and quality improvement.
- Ability to retain and recruit sufficient and qualified staff for effective operations.
- Ability to manage morale, conflict, and change.
- Ability to deal with staff performance deficiencies in a constructive and timely manner. Recognizes those staff members who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Ability to delegate work responsibilities based on subordinate strengths, developmental needs, and workload.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of staff performance. Plans and implements training and development accordingly.
- Ability to use alternate supervisory styles in different situations.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care.
- Ability to lead a group meeting to achieve desired objectives.
- Knowledge of methods and procedure for the analysis, interpretation, and display of
- Effectively communicates pertinent information to people at various levels of the organization.
Analysis of Business and Business Problems:
- Ability to identify and resolve causes of business, staff, and customer problems using quality improvement principles.
- Ability meet productivity goals for department on a consistent basis.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets, both capital and operational.
- Ability to analyze and interpret numerical/statistical information to draw conclusions.
- Ability to identify and implement cost-reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system reports trends to staff and utilizes data to improve patient safety.
- Develops and communicates a shared vision for department(s) consistent with hospital vision.
- Develops strategic plan/goals to support departmental progress and achievement of hospital goals.
- Demonstrates ability to make effective and timely decisions.
- Actively participates in and demonstrates a commitment to increasing recruitment and retention efforts/results in the organization.
Personal Performance Management:
- Ability to maintain performance in stressful situations.
- Ability to set priorities when faced with conflicting alternatives and varying conditions.
- Ability to plan and conduct multiple activities within a specified time frame in order to ensure goal/deadline achievement.
- Maintains confidentiality of information per hospital and department policies and administers policies appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies in department communication, practice, and time keeping responsibilities such as payroll, leave of absence, time off and worker’s compensation.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00009-74422&lang=en
• Post ID: 53028138 houston