HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division Office - Houston, Texas
Vice President (VP) - Community Outreach
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its ten hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive care close to home.
Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA Gulf Coast Division to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
- Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations
- Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents
- Comprehensive women’s care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery
- Neonatal and pediatric intensive care
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support
- Education programs – child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series
- Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions
- Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
The HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division Office is looking for a Vice President (VP) - Community Outreach.
The Vice President of Outreach develops, documents, implements and leads long-range strategies and plans for services, facilities, and operations of the organization and assists in building consensus in support of these strategies and plans. Assesses programmatic strengths and weaknesses, identifies and assesses business opportunities, and may evaluate potential mergers, acquisitions, transfer agreements, program extension and clinical affliations. Obtains and analyzes data regarding the organization’s staff, current and potential patient population, and services; conducts special studies to develop new programs and services and interacts with marketing efforts to increase utilization of programs and resources. Serves as a liaison between the company and other health care systems regarding specialty health care programs that are offered HCA Gulf Coast Division and assists with the facilitation, communication, and education of new programs and projects. Ensures the best use of facility resources in accordance with objectives for growth. Keeps senior management informed on long range health care trends and makes appropriate recommendations. Participates in the review of laws, which have an effect on procedures and planning.
- Sourcing opportunities for JV or acquisition by leveraging long-term experience as hospital executive to gain credibility and trust with small non-profit hospitals in rural southeast Texas, Central Texas, Coastal Bend and Rio Grande Valley.
- Securing opportunities for physician clinics, CHC integration, Parallon usage, telemedicine contracts and other affiliation strategies in strategic locations, sharing feedback on current relationship points with outreach team for follow-up
- Leverage vast experience in hospital planning, positioning and operations to lead business plan preparation for green field hospital development plans
- Driving acceptance of green field development of HCA by key local stakeholders including physicians, key health plans and organized medical groups, board and government representatives
- Develops, plans and implements programs to achieve strategic objectives in growth and structure through merger, acquisition, and/or affiliations with other health care providers.
- Works with the company’s communities to explore needs and health care problems that may be met by the organization.
- Participates in community activities that would add to the public awareness of the HealthONE system.
- Conducts site visits as needed to evaluate existing operations and/or new business opportunities. Searches for new and innovative services and products that can be provided or arranged by the organization. Actively communicates with management staff to identify new and appropriate areas of improvement and additions in services and products.
- Researches program feasibility. Routinely discusses new ideas with the SVP and relevant members of HCA’s executive team(s). Determines which concepts should be implemented and their priority.
- Seeks out other health care providers who will work cooperatively with the company in providing a wide array of varying health care services and products. Develops and maintains a formal network of such providers to ensure that patients receive complete and appropriate care in a coordinated environment.
- Develops and implements system changes to streamline operations and enhance service delivery. Reviews and evaluates operations for efficiency and effectiveness, as well as optimal profitability.
- Actively collaborates with service line VP’s, liaisons and hospital CEO’s impacted by efforts.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=02660-74089&lang=en
• Post ID: 51630318 houston