Charge Nurse (RN) Surgical Unit
Night Shift: 3 shifts per week, 7p-7a (rotating weekends)
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
· 24-hour emergency room
· Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
· State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
· Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
· Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
· Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
The Surgical Oncology Unit is a 55-bed unit that provides 24 hour of acute, post-operative care services to adult and geriatric populations with a wide variety of surgical diagnoses and also serves as medical and/or telemetry overflow.
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) –Surgical Unit.
· The Charge Nurse is a registered nurse responsible for the daily operational aspects of the unit, and assists the Director/Manager in the achievement of the service goals and objectives.
· The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
· The Charge Nurse establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their unit with those of the unit and Kingwood Medical Center.
· The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Charge Nurse into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
· The Charge Nurse functions in the role of expert clinical practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, and administrator/leader. Incorporated within each of these functions are those of role model, patient advocate, change agent, and cost-effective practitioner.
· The ultimate goal of the position is the improvement of unit operations, patient care and patient outcomes.
· The Charge Nurse is expected to provide scheduled and/or relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
· The Charge Nurse will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the adult and geriatric population.
· The Charge Nurse is responsible for the coordination of nursing care for patients on the unit in order to ensure the provision of quality care and services.
· Patients served include adult through geriatric age.
· In collaboration with the unit supervisor, the charge nurse assists with counseling and disciplinary processes of the nursing staff as well as ongoing assessment of knowledge and skills to assist in the annual evaluation process.
· The charge nurse also assists with administrative tasks as assigned by the unit supervisor which include but are not limited to entering of departmental charges, staffing, outcomes monitoring, the provision of additional in-services and impromptu education for unit staff.
· Other aspects of the role include the ability to critically think and intervene in a crisis situation.
· The charge nurse is responsible for knowledge and skill in the nursing care for multiple diagnosis related conditions of patients including cardiovascular, pulmonary, GI/GU, renal, and multiple organ system failure within the scope of services provided on the unit.
· The charge nurse must be able to multitask and delegate appropriately to other staff members to insure safety for all patients is maintained.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03198-79949&lang=en
• Post ID: 59826118 houston