OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
- Compiles patient care forms chart to ensure that all required documentation is immediately available (i.e. assessment, consents, H/P, physician orders, etc.).
- Utilizes good customer service while interacting with patient, family and physicians. Keeps patient and family informed on a timely basis.
- Utilizes appropriate patient identifiers prior to all interventions.
- Assesses patient’s level of fear/anxiety and provides comfort and support for patient and family.
- Reviews and carries out physician orders timely and according to policy.
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to procedure or treatment. Includes vital signs, history, physical, pain level, and psychological assessment.
- Assess patient’s understanding of procedure and checks consent for accuracy and completeness. Obtains and witnesses signature if needed.
- Leads the team in the time out process to make sure all necessary information is communicated with the entire patient care team prior to beginning the procedure and during the de-briefing session after the procedure.
- Conducts hemodynamic monitoring as indicated by procedure and policy (vital signs, cardiac monitoring, end tidal monitoring, etc.) from pre-op to discharge.
- Demonstrates appropriate aseptic techniques as indicated by interventions (hand hygiene, IV therapy, medication preparation, and equipment preparation).
- Initiates intravenous therapy as indicated, utilizing aseptic technique with appropriate IV catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Maintains patient privacy, comfort, and safety throughout the stay i.e. bed rails up, brakes on stretchers, positioning, etc.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. pre-op antibiotics, identifying high alert medications, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, consistently utilizing the 7 rights before administration, monitoring patient response, narcotic waste, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of administering and monitoring IV conscious sedation medications and recognizes the need for reversal drugs.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
- Documents all appropriate patient information in accordance with charting guidelines.
- Relays appropriate hand off communication to other appropriate nursing personnel to ensure continuity of care.
- Retrieves tissue for pathology as directed by physician, properly labels, and prepares requisitions for appropriate labs and delivers to appropriate area (i.e. biopsies, CLO test, etc.) and logs specimens, as required.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients and stretchers to prevent injury to patient and self.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance and cleanliness of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care. As required per facility policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of high disinfectant and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for potency of solution with each cycle, performs monthly biological tests and completes log, as per facility policies).
- Handles equipment with care.
- Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets while utilizing facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments based on the policies that are supportive of the Center’s goals and objectives.
- Functions independently according to job responsibilities and within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
- Takes personal initiative to maintain current RN licensure, BCLS, ACLS, PALS (if indicated) and other professional certifications current as defined by job role.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings and participates in emergency drills.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees as assigned.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Age Specific Care:
- The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child and adolescent when such patient populations are served, as well as adult and geriatric.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
· Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
· Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
· Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
· Participates in Best Practices, Quality/Risk Initiatives, RCA’s and other teams to improve patient care.
· Interacts with patients, fellow employees, physicians, and other stakeholders in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
· Demonstrates dependability and accountability.
· Demonstrates a willingness to help others.
· Supports the center’s mission by providing flexibility in assignment changes, dependability in attendance, punctuality, timely completion of assignments.
· Maintains a professional image through proper attire, language, and conduct.
· Keeps management informed of any malfunctions in instruments, equipment, and supplies.
· Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety standards/practices/policies.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=26462-73608&lang=en
• Post ID: 49393733 houston