Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:18 PM
Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor & Delivery
The Women’s Center offers comprehensive services centered around our patient’s needs. At Kingwood Medical Center, we provide a full range of expertise from prenatal care through labor and delivery to postpartum care.
The Labor & Delivery Unit is dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well being of expectant mothers and their babies with:
- 4-bed assessment center for non-stress tests and other special procedures
- 12-bed Labor and Delivery Unit
- 2 C-Section Operating Rooms
Significant activities, processes performed and patient types seen in the Labor & Delivery Unit include, but are not limited to:
- Antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum care of the women in a family centered environment with emphasis on patient education and discharge teaching.
- Maternal and fetal testing, ultrasound, amniocentesis, OCT, NST as methods used for diagnostic service.
- Intensive care of the maternal patient including PIH, preterm labor and complications related to pregnancy.
- Emergency care-trauma, maternal or fetal; prolapsed cord, placenta abruption, uterine rupture, placenta previa, placenta accreta.
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor & Delivery.
- The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients in applicable age specific populations.
- The registered nurse applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Employee is responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
- According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
- The registered nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- 1 or more years recent clinical experience as an RN in Labor and Delivery preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current NRP from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
- RNC preferred
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03198-74621&lang=en
• Location: Houston, Kingwood
• Post ID: 53887523 houston