Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 6:40 AM
Houston, Texas 77250
Experienced RN with minimum of 5 years of acute care experience and progressively responsible experience. Management experience preferred. Transplant experience optional.
Night shift position. This is a Med/Surg Transplant unit.
With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, we offer complete care for patients from around the world.The Nursing Manager is a registered nurse who has 24-hour comprehensive operational responsibility for the delivery and quality of patient care provided in the designated areas(s) of responsibility. The manager assists with developing and implementing performance initiatives to ensure optimal patient safety and outcomes and customer satisfaction. Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction, initiative, effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communications skills. Fosters interdepartmental/interdisciplinary collaboration. Participates in committees, representing unit and Nursing in a positive manner.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Varies by Nursing Unit
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares measurable goals and objectives that are consistent with out priorities, and develops action plans for achieving goals, incorporating collaborative efforts if appropriate. (EF)
2. Ensures that unit consistently achieves desired outcomes for patient care, including high degree of patient and physician satisfaction. (EF)
3. Manages unit expenses within approved budget parameters. (EF)
4. Implements change, demonstrating the ability to motivate employees and follow through to ensure change in behavior has actually occurred. (EF)
5. Plans coverage of unit to maximize presence of management and staff.
6. Maintains ongoing interactions with patients, families, physicians, and staff on how to improve patient care and service provided.
7. Functions as role model to staff, reinforcing principles of service orientation and ensuring that the focus is always on improving patient care. (EF)
8. Demonstrates initiative in identifying developmental needs of staff and taking appropriate action, including collaboration with unit educator. (EF)
9. Collaborates with others to ensure unit systems are effective and consistent with other patient care unit systems.
10. Selects, retains, and effectively develops unit staff and management personnel, utilizing performance appraisals, corrective counseling, and commendations to achieve desired outcomes. (EF)
11. Responds to employee, patient and physician concerns, taking appropriate action and channeling concerns according to appropriate procedures. (EF)
12. Establishes effective, two way communication with staff. (EF)
13. Develops staffing plans and schedules to meet patient care needs that reflect understanding of the importance of cost-effectiveness.
14. Demonstrates problem solving skills to include investigation, identification of cause(s) and development of corrective action, and submits reports which require minimal editing. (EF)
15. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
16. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
17. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 60427153 houston