GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Responsible for greeting and navigating patients/guests in registration lobby. Provide assistance to patients checking-in for services, and expedite patient flow. Navigate patient/guest flow in registration areas to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
SUPERVISOR - Patient Access Manager or Director
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency
medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
• Oversee the daily activities of the front desk and lobby areas
• Greet patients upon arrival, and navigate patient flow
• Assist with check in process; monitor patient registration tracker
• Perform lobby rounding to ensure patients are kept aware of their wait time expectations
• Encourage and assist with patient enrollment in the Patient Portal
• Empowerment to make decisions on their own to help a customer; escalate appropriately
• Understands that our reputation is only as good as our customer’s last experience; ensure it is the best.
• Consistently provide patient flow updates to PTAC leadership
• Assist in resolving real-time patient concerns
• What customers think is true. Understand that they will hold on to this truth. For negative experiences, Apologize and then try to come up with a satisfactory solution.
• Give the customer the opportunity to tell you what they think in many ways at different stages in the visit.
Follow the Three Times Rule—if you hear something about your facility three times, whether you like it or not, pay serious attention. Take action.
• Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information as needed
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
• Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
• Coach other employees with customer service opportunities
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by constantly meeting and exceeding expectations
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08948-132560&lang=en
• Post ID: 52347333 houston