1. Under the supervision of the Director of Education, the Clinical Educator is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation and evaluation of educational programs, in-service education and orientation for nursing personnel within the nursing units.
2. Ensures that departmental mission and objectives are maintained in the provision of clinical services in the Education Department and Nursing Departments.
3. Implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel in collaboration with the education director.
4. In collaboration with the Director of Education, coordinates the required educational programs for all levels of staff to facilitate staff competency.
5. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on nursing units and with other service areas.
6. Maintains accurate educational program documentation.
7. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
8. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
9. Interactions with staff and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
10. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
11. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
12. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
13. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
14. Other duties as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00162-74502&lang=en
• Post ID: 57155138 houston