POSITION SUMMARY –
Under the general direction of the Administrator and Manager of Radiation Oncology services, the RN shall coordinate radiation therapy into the total nursing care plan. She/he shall also provide leadership by working cooperatively with other multi disciplinary team members of the Radiation Oncology unit to maintain high quality care for our patients. Implement the policies and procedures for the department, nursing services and SLCC. The RN will document and report pertinent clinical observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate responder. Orients and educates patients regarding radiation therapy treatment. Informs, educates and prepares patients for special procedures. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with patients, physicians, visitors, and other staff members. Rapidly changing work flow requires an ability to handle high stress environments with a high degree of accuracy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
2. Demonstrates ability to accurately provide medication administration to patients.
3. Is able to handle high volume, high stress situations.
4. Has exceptional critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
5. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
6. Upholds the highest standards of customer service at all times (“customer” includes patients, family members, co-workers, referring physicians, etc.).
7. Actively works to contribute to the PI activities within the Radiation Therapy Department.
8. Possesses knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to work accurately within the Radiation Oncology Department.
9. Performs and documents patient assessments before, during and after radiation therapy.
10. Tracks and maintains records of all patient testing.
11. Provides assistance for ENT scope procedures and is responsible for appropriate scope processing following established guidelines.
12. Ensures compliance of regulatory agency requirements (JC, TDH, etc)
13. Serves as a mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
14. Completes other tasks and activities as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00417-71096&lang=en
• Post ID: 54710893 houston