Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Registered Nurse RN – Intermediate Care Unit IMCU
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women’s and Children’s Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse RN – Intermediate Care Unit IMCU
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures, per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on all telemetry patients.
- Monitors special drugs (i.e., Dopamine, Lidocaine, Dobutrex, and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol. Assesses patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, as needed (i.e., thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices). Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere. Draws blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area. Responsible for ensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patient armbands and administering medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders via Order Management in computer
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
- Responsible for maintaining patient safety goals
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01533-74766&lang=en
• Post ID: 57155298 houston