Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:00 PM
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Day Surgery
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Day Surgery.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients admitted for surgical or diagnostic procedures in the Day Surgery Unit. This includes gathering history information, performing physical assessments, reconciling medication throughout the patient’s length of stay.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment of assigned unit.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responsible for pre and postoperative care of surgery patient in all surgical specialties.
- Assists the physician with procedures on the Day Surgery Unit.
- Carries out or assists ancillary services with diagnostic procedures such as Cortisone Stimulation Testing, Tensilon testing, or Therapeutic Phlebotomy
- Prepares patients for special procedures in Interventional Radiology.
- Administers intravenous infusions and injections, based on doctor orders, on selected patients including but not limited to: antibiotics, iron infusions, steroids, Remicaide, blood and blood products, Rhogam, Procrit, and Neupogen.
- Responsible for patient/family education throughout the Day Surgery and Infusion Center stay.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the department, as needed.
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the hospital.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01533-74461&lang=en
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 57230908 houston