The Woman’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma Coordinator
Shift: Full-time Days
The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants.
Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman’s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women’s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Trauma Coordinator.
- Abstracts data from the patient's chart including demographic characteristics, history of injuries, and modalities according to established guidelines/reviews in conformance with the Trauma Registry.
- Tracks Trauma patients throughout hospital stay and monitors for outcomes, including daily rounding on trauma patients.
- Reviews charts of all possible candidates and selects qualifying patients based on current American College of Surgeons criteria. Compiles demographic and medical information on qualifying candidates for entry into the registry outcome.
- Manages the Performance Improvement activities through concurrent reviews of patient care data for trends and early identification of complications.
- Has working knowledge of the American College of Surgeons and Texas Department of State Health Services trauma care standards in all hospital settings.
- Serves as a member and record keeper of Multidisciplinary Trauma Committee meetings
- Provides Injury Prevention education to patients, family, and staff.
- Prospective and retrospective medical record reviews and report writing utilizing the trauma database software.
- Coordinates an annual assessment and validation of priority high-risk trauma related skills.
- Intervenes and resolves trauma related issues that may have a negative quality or cost outcomes.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Performance will be evaluated in terms of:
- level of participation
- completion by due date
- adherence to instructions
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00162-73877&lang=en
• Post ID: 52291413 houston