Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 8:21 AM
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Respiratory Therapist.
- To know and understand the objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and Respiratory Care Department.
- Verifies and signs all new orders for respiratory care.
- Assures that all physician orders coincide with current departmental policy.
- Responsible for the recognition, interpretation, and recording of signs and symptoms of respiratory dysfunction and medication side effects, particularly those that require notification of a physician.
- Responsible for the initiation and maintenance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and other life-support procedures. Ensures adequate airway management and assist with intubation.
- The prevention of contamination and of transfer of infection, through appropriate aseptic techniques.
- Responsible for knowing the mechanics of ventilation and ventilator function.
- Responsible for knowing the principles of airway maintenance, including endotracheal and tracheotomy care.
- The effective and safe use of equipment for administering oxygen and other therapeutic gases and for providing humidification, nebulization, and medication.
- To know and understand the principles of arterial blood gas analysis, acid-base balance and demonstrated competence in obtaining arterial blood gas samples.
- To know and understand the methods that assist in the removal of secretions from the bronchial tree, such as hydration, breathing and coughing exercises,postural drainage, therapeutic percussion and vibration, and mechanical clearing of the airway through proper suctioning technique.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01533-76796&lang=en
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 59825283 houston