Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Charge Nurse- NICU
Full- time/ Day shift
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
* Breast Diagnostic Center
* Cancer care
* Diabetes management
* Level III emergency department
* ACR-accredited imaging center
* One-on-one therapy
* Neuroscience and neurology
* Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
* Wound treatment center
* Women’s and Children’s Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Charge Nurse- NICU
This job description for the Assistant Nurse Manager of the NICU provides criteria for evaluation of the Registered Nurse working in the Assistant Nurse Manager role. The Assistant Nurse Manager assists in the department’s effective operation and the continuous improvement of its activities. The NICU Assistant Nurse Manager cares for infants and neonates.
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth and efficient nursing operation of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource to nurses in the NICU. Must meet the position requirements for the Staff RN in the NICU.
- Responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for maintaining competence in the care of infant and neonatal patients (e.g., RNC preferred).
- Collaborates with LIP to ensure neonates are in the appropriate level of care.
- Assessing equipment and supplies on a daily basis to ensure that appropriate equipment is available in the NICU for patient care.
- Responsible for making staff assignments based on acuity and skill mix of available staff.
- Ensuring the availability of admission beds for both levels of care.
- Assists in the coordination and integration of interdepartmental and intradepartmental services (which includes ancillary departments).
- Participates in performance improvement to ensure high quality, safe patient care.
- Serves as a mentor to those RNs who wish to maintain/increase skill level.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the Pediatric Executive Committee, Nurse Manager and the Nurse Director that guide and support the provision of services.
- Supervises RN’s, Nurse Techs and Secretaries.
- Serve as a role model for professionalism in the unit. Counsel employees as appropriate.
- Provide PRN relief to nursing staff (e.g. lunch coverage).
- Provide thorough charge RN report.
- Serve as a “champion” of hospital and unit policies .
- Perform weekly checks (e.g. refrigerator) as appropriate.
- Perform unit audits as assigned by Nurse Manager or Director.
- Perform yearly evaluations of nursing staff.
- Participate in unit-based and hospital wide committees.
- Perform other related duties as specified.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01533-73856&lang=en
• Post ID: 51062513 houston