The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under the direction of a GI/Endoscopy R. N. contributes to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients undergoing GI/Endoscopy procedures.
SUPERVISOR - Nurse Manager, Nurse Supervisor, or designee.
SUPERVISES - None
CLASSIFICATION – Non-Exempt
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI/Endoscopy technician in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization/disinfection of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of high disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests, test strips quality controls, and completes log, as per facility policies).
• Proficient in the care, handling, and disinfection of all endoscopes and accessories.
• Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
• Verifies proper functioning of equipment prior to procedure. Report malfunctioning equipment immediately to nurse manager.
• Utilizes good customer service while interacting with patient, family and physicians. Keeps patient and family informed on a timely basis.
• Utilizes appropriate patient identifiers prior to all interventions.
• Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
• Proficient in the care, handling and disinfection of all endoscopes and accessories.
• Practices Standard Precautions.
• Cleans GI treatment rooms between procedures and prepares rooms for next case.
• Demonstrates appropriate aseptic techniques as indicated by interventions (hand hygiene, and equipment preparation).
• Maintains patient privacy, comfort, and safety throughout the stay i.e. bed rails up, brakes on stretchers, positioning, etc.
• Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients and stretchers to prevent injury to patient and self.
• Assists in the maintenance, care and labeling of specimens. Identifies specimen with surgeon and passes specimen to the circulating RN.
• Assists the R.N. and/or physician as needed.
• Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
• Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials/wastes.
• Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets while utilizing facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
• Checks for outdated sterile supplies and instruments and assists with reprocessing as needed.
• Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
• Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments based on the policies that are supportive of the Center’s goals and objectives.
• Functions independently according to job responsibilities and within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
• Takes personal initiative to maintain current BCLS, and other required certification (if indicated) current as defined by job role.
• Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
• Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings, and participates in emergency drills.
• Participates in the orientation of new employees.
• Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
• Maintains confidentiality of records and patient information at all times.
• Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
• While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Age Specific Care:
• The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child and adolescent when such patient populations are served, as well as adult and geriatric.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
• Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
• Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
• Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
• Participates in Best Practices, Quality/Risk Initiatives, RCA’s and other teams to improve patient care.
• Interacts with patients, fellow employees, physicians, and other stakeholders in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
• Demonstrates dependability and accountability.
• Demonstrates a willingness to help others.
• Supports the center’s mission by providing flexibility in assignment changes, dependability in attendance, punctuality, timely completion of assignments.
• Maintains a professional image through proper attire, language, and conduct.
• Keeps management informed of any malfunctions in instruments, equipment, and supplies.
• Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety standards/practices/policies.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=26462-74926&lang=en
• Post ID: 54279283 houston