Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
We are seeking a Field Underwriter, Casualty Underwriting who will report directly to Regional Casualty Managers as part of the team. As a Field Underwriter you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Primary Casualty business by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to source high quality submissions, determining/prioritizing submissions to be underwritten, quoting and negotiating accounts with brokers. You’ll work closely with a dedicated group of Technical Underwriters who are responsible for the bulk of the risk evaluation, pricing range determination, and terms and condition recommendation, enabling you to focus on the external selling and negotiating, problem solving, and the relationship dimension of the underwriter role.
Source quality business
• Communicate risk appetite and AIG Value Proposition to brokers
• Collaborate with BDMs, Territory Managers, and other line of business underwriters to target desirable accounts from brokers
• Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten by Technical Underwriter
• Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other Commercial products
• Work with broker to understand the deal structure, terms, and AIG Services that best meets clients’ needs
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, & deal structure with brokers
• Participate in special underwriting projects as needed
• Leverage client risk services to solve problems and enhance the clients relationship with AIG
• Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business
• Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients
• Interface with a technical underwriting team to transmit risk relevant submission information
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working knowledge of US Primary Casualty lines of business (Workers Compensation, Auto Liability/Physical Damage, and General Liability) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales and marketing experience
• Demonstrated ability to understand, empathize and connect with the people around you
• Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, successful relations, service orientation, initiative, collaboration
• High “EQ”
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented, proven creative problem solver
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Demonstrated ability to understand and work with analytical tools and technology
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.