Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Our JW Marriott Downtown Houston is the 2016 Luxury Hotel of the Year award winner for Marriott Hotels Resorts and Suites. Experience the excitement of being a part of an award winning hotel and the unrivaled Pearl Hospitality team. In order to be considered for the Chief Engineer position, you must have a previous strong and proven background as a Full Service Hotel Chief Engineer.
Pearl Hospitality fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to building an empire.
A Pearl Chief Engineer reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for creating leaders fostering the Pearl culture within the Engineering department for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Chief Engineer must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
- The Chief Engineer is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the Engineering department.
- The Chief Engineer must ensure that the Engineering department is continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction by continually training on the Pearl touch points of the hotel and ensuring associate focus on our Pearl touch points at all times.
- The Engineering department must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy.
- The Chief Engineer must drive results through effective hiring, training, coaching, counseling, leading, motivating and empowering all the associates.
- The Chief Engineer must ensure maximization of profitability by controlling expenses through timeliness of inventory and proper par inventory control as well as proper training of Maintenance Engineers.
- The Chief Engineer must ensure that our associates and customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE TOP 1% OF HOSPITALITY PROFESSIONALS AND HAVE A PREVIOUS BACKGROUND IN HOTEL OPENINGS ALONG WITH CONSTRUCTION OVERSIGHT EXPERIENCE.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely customer oriented and highly motivated.
- You develop deep and meaningful rapport with your clients, and communicate with piercing persuasiveness.
- You pay keen attention to detail and precision.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the department at an ownership level
- Oversee and teach associates to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as the Pearl standards and procedures
- Ensure hotel maintenance and cleanliness is maintained to the highest level with attention to detail
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Control cost through execution of timely inventories and par controls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Service hotel pool within the guidelines of the health department with proper documentation
- Maintain property in accordance with fire, building and health codes
- Operation of heavy equipment
- Daily and ongoing hotel preventative maintenance program execution
- Attention to detail is a must for PM’s detail to ensure the highest quality standards
- Conduct required Pearl stand-ups and meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Train Maintenance Engineers to deliver the best product at the highest standards
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must be able to monitor monthly expenses in compliance with the budget
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Treat guest, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Conduct fire drills as specified with proper documentation
- Execute annual inspections of fire extinguishers, elevators, fire equipment and all required equipment
- Execute PM’s on all hotel equipment in a timely manner to ensure safety and asset care
- Ensure all personnel certification is current with regards to brand and health department requirements
- Execute all work orders in a timely manner with follow-up when needed
- Execute Maintenance department in compliance with hotel and brand standards
- Ensure all Maintenance Engineers are trained on “Lock Out Tag Out” procedure
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
- Ensure proper training of all associates on all procedures and standards
- Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times with name tags
- Ensure all work areas, storage areas and maintenance carts are organized and well maintained
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Provide a well-maintained and comfortable room for each guest every day
- Provide well-maintained meeting areas, public areas and back of the house
- Proactively monitor guest satisfaction and effectively increase scores in each area
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Operate department in accordance with OSHA standards
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the as needed
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001CQV&lang=en
• Post ID: 69160332 houston