Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:26 PM
Sugarland Diagnostic Center – Sugarland, TX
Sugarland Diagnostic Center is currently looking for a Phlebotomist.
- Under the general supervision of the Director of Laboratory Services, the Phlebotomist is responsible for collecting blood samples and obtaining other specimens for ordered diagnostic studies. Performs clerical functions such as charting and filing reports.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge and skills in the collection of laboratory samples and general duties.
- Transports specimens to the Laboratory in a timely manner using appropriate precautions.
- Knowledgeable of computer functions and is able to add or cancel a test, receive specimens, print labels etc. Is able to find specimen requirements or send-out information in the system.
- Carries Spectra link phone all the time during working hours. Answers Spectra link phone in a timely manner. If receives phone call while drawing a patient, calls back the person after finished drawing the patient.
- Prints outstanding reports regularly during the shift and at the end of each shift. Determines if a specimen was missed and arranges for the drawing of the specimen.
- Maintains adequate inventory and put away supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to collect specimens from patients serviced in relation to growth and development over the life span to identify their requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Proficient in techniques for obtaining blood from hard to stick patients, new born babies and obtaining samples with special requirements
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, personnel, and other personnel in the hospital to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Completes other activities as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00417-74957&lang=en
• Location: Houston
• Post ID: 54712058 houston