West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX
Social Worker - PRN Weekend-Day Shift
West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
West Houston Medical Center is currently looking for a Social Worker PRN
The social worker is responsible for coordinating the provision of patient care services related to such aspects as psychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, counseling, emotional support, group work, referral to community agencies/resources, assistance with socio-economical problems, and discharge planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS
· Effectively interviews patients and families on admission and assesses psychosocial status, family relationships, and post-hospital care needs.
· Identifies patient and family problem areas and develops appropriate treatment plan.
· Assists patient and family to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations with a focus on those situations which may require prolonged hospitalization.
· Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
· Participates in team conference and family meetings, as indicated, by providing relevant information and collaborating with the treatment team regarding psychological adjustment and continuity of care needs or concerns.
· Provides support group and short-term individual counseling services to patient/family in relation to health, economic, and social needs.
· Provides assistance in crisis situations
· Provides ongoing emotional support to enable patient and family to adjust to limitations or disability resulting from disease process/hospitalization.
· Collaborates with patient, family, and interdisciplinary team, where indicated, in determining
· Communicate with insurance companies to obtain initial authorization and will conduct concurrent reviews
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment.
- Possess good communication skills verbal and written.
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks.
- Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00417-72117&lang=en
• Post ID: 62524273 houston