Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 12:45 PM
Job Function: Marketing and Sales
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Management
Sub:department: Country Business Development
Office Location: Houston, TX (HOU), United States
Travel Required: up to 25
Start Date: 01/23/2017
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a District Head of Sales/Country Business Development who will be responsible for enhancing Panalpina's position within the Oil and Gas Industry Vertical and meet the objectives of growth and profitability with this customer group (existing and new).
Purpose of Position: Enhance Panalpina's position towards the industry in the business group of Energy Solutions and meet the objectives of growth and profitability with this customer group (existing and new) for the Area
Manage allocated team to deliver performance while following the global sales and business development processes and procedures in driving towards the strategy and goals as it relates to both local SME sales and Energy Solutions sales nationally.
Establish a collaborative sales effort between SME and Energy Solutions sales on targeted customers.
Establish and manage a Business Development plan in support of the strategy.
* Manage and execute the sales process.
* Manage allocated team to achieve or exceed budgeted GP and EBIT goals.
* Enhance Panalpina's position in the Energy Solutions product segment through contacts with prospects, presence at fairs/exhibitions, as well as workshops and seminars
* Organize and participate in regular reviews with existing accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and sustainable business relationship
* Establish guidelines and standards and conduct implementation processes, customer SOP's, reporting frequency and formats, design KPIs for new accounts in conjunction with Business Solutions and support.
* Ensure that pricing and services offered to all relevant accounts are in line with "best in class"
* Assign team members to accounts (targets and prospects), by doing a regular review of house and new accounts in order to execute and achieve the business development and sales activities in line with the strategy.
* Develop and coach team to ensure product knowledge and value selling.
* Assist team as needed on large opportunities for all accounts at all levels, in order to secure the deal.
* Manage the tender management process to ensure established deadlines are met.
* Maintain and deepen relationships with established clients.
* Conduct business reviews, analyze and identify business opportunities, potential risks and make appropriate recommendation to management.
* Analyze market trends and identify key changes in segments of the specific industry segments (verticals.
* Initiate sales improvement efforts to achieve excellence.
* Manage a favorable commercial relationship with assigned account that will promote customer satisfaction, business growth and profitability.
* Obtain new and additional business to achieve targeted sales growth at a rate and profit margin consistent with group targets.
* Ensure that all assigned accounts are managed/developed in line with the established corporate/regional strategies and all key performance indicators stipulated in the contract are fulfilled.
Entertain existing/potential clients within the guidelines of the Panalpina Gifts, Entertainment and Hospitality policies
* Ensure the use of CRM by all team members
* Report on sales development activities using CRM and SS and G reports for assigned territory for Activity and Sales Cycle against Sales Responsible and/or Com
• Location: houston
• Post ID: 54495538 houston