This is an excellent position for someone looking for a career in financial sales. The internal wholesaler will work with external wholesaler(s) as a business development resource to financial planners and advisors for AIG Life and Retirement FIXED annuity products. The internal wholesaler will be primarily responsible for gathering and utilizing marketing intelligence to increase sales for a specific territory(ies). Together with the external wholesaler(s) this position is responsible for developing new and maintaining existing business relationships. Business relationships are forged via proactively contacting financial advisors and providing sales support by responding to advisors calls regarding our products.
Proactive outbound calls to financial advisors in the Banking Channel will account for 85%-95% of the daily activity, these activities include, but are not limited to:
• Calling on the corporate call focus and message
• Product positioning for the financial advisors clients
• Uncovering the needs of the advisor and how AIG’s product will fit that need
• Educating advisors on the AIG Life and Retirement variable annuity product
The remaining 5%-15% of daily activity will include, but not be limited to:
• Responding to calls and questions about AIG’s variable annuity
• Addressing and working through hindrances to the business development process
• Corresponding via email to advisors, external wholesalers, and other internal departments
• Creating and sending case specific illustrations of AIG Life and Retirement’s fixed annuity
• Sending marketing material
The selected candidate should be a goal oriented, self-directed individual who is constantly striving to exceed expectations with an enthusiastic sales attitude. The candidate should also be motivated by achieving set goals and increasing sales within a designated territory.
Key performance objectives for the Internal Wholesaler:
1. Maximize territory performance
2. Development and implement a territory plan
3. Become a recognized product line and industry expert
4. Establish a professional outbound calling process
5. Improve call quality by providing real time solutions on each call
6. Develop deep on-going relationships with each account
7. Handle inbound call professionally and accurately
8. Manage and organize a high volume of activity
At AIG, we reward and support superior performance. We offer paid training, generous benefits plan, a base salary, plus a lucrative bonus package or commission package that rewards your hard work and dedication.
- Benefits Plan: medical, dental & vision coverage
- 24 days of PTO annually (Paid Time Off) and most recognized holidays
- Flexible spending accounts & life insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- On the job training & supportive management team
• Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent with an emphasis on marketing/business preferred
• Two years of sales/marketing experience preferred
• One year financial services or investment management experience preferred
• FINRA Series 6 & 63 required
• TX Life and Health and Variable Contract License required
• Top notch phone etiquette and excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written required.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig